VPN stands for Virtual Private Network which acts as a bridge between the user and whatever network that the user wants to access on the internet. As the data gets encrypted it is arguably the best method for accessing the internet. VPNs are created as virtual point to point connection by using virtual tunneling protocols, traffic encryptions and reserved connections. Simply put, it allows users to access a private network as if it were public. Even though some Internet sites block VPN technology to protect geo-restrictions or censorship, but newer technologies are getting developed every day to bypass such filters and proxies. The benefits of using a virtual private network are elucidated below, click here to learn more.
The benefits of using VPN include-
1. One of the most important feature of VPN is that it changes or rather hides your IP address. IP address is the numeric label that is provided to any device that accesses the internet. It changes your IP address thus not letting the internet know that you’re the same person. Many online gamers use this trick when they get banned in online games, thus allowing them to continue playing.
2. You can browse the internet privately. The main problem nowadays is privacy your Network Administrator, the ISP, other bad people can easily see and keep tabs on your activities on the internet. VPN solves this problem by encrypting your data.
3. Your data in vulnerable whenever you access sites or register your personal data for banking purposes, playing online games or for other various reasons, VPN solves that problem. It provides a “safe” bridge between the user i.e. you and the internet and stops your data from being controlled or transferred.
4. Downloading, by first connecting your VPN, safeguards your identity and stops you from being discovered, thus maintaining complete and utter anonymity.
5. You can unlock local websites of other countries that maybe geo-restricted. Imagine yourself travelling and you’ve heard about this cute little bag that you want to buy from this British site, but you cannot access it since it’s geo restricted, you then use a VPN network that connects you to the British network thus allowing you to access the site.
6. If you are part of a company, using a VPN is very advantageous, it helps in providing a safe and encrypted connection between the company intranet network to access it from outside the building. This connection increases productivity as this allows the employee to share and access the information from any network available to him/her. The information too stays safe.
7. The efficiency and bandwidth of a network increases once a VPN is set up and its maintenance cost is also very low. Many companies provide state-of-the-art VPN technology that will safeguard your personal data, have military grade security, provide a very fast and efficient network, unlimited bandwidth, you can connect to any device with any Operating System, anonymous browsing, you can stream everything, will not share your location details, encrypted data to protect your passwords, bank details, personal information, search history, affiliations and all of it will be user friendly and super easy.